Monday, September 18, 2023

Why I Made Holes In Rooster- Making The Next Cut With Scissors.


                                                 Hello there, Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  Okay, I was going to explain what comes next.  Firstly, I could not find my rooster that I used. So no worries because I can explain on this one.  You have the picture of the rooster. Do not cut this out yet. You can see the square that is outlined in black that is what you will cut out on the outer black line.  You can make it a square or a circle. It does not have to be neat because later you will be cutting the outline of your image. In my case I will be cutting around my rooster(later.)  You should have the white color all around your image still.  Just in the shape of a circle or square.  Now you will need to take your double sticky and peel just the one side of it and take your image and slowly and carefully press it on the double sticky. I usually start at the top of my image and press slowly, or at the bottom. At any rate of course do what is best for you. That is the reason for me making the holes. So it will help a bit more in securing my pearls on my image. Note that I also in the hole I put a dab of glue and the pearl on top of the glue. Again I used my jewelry glue for I find this has been a good glue for me to work with.  It is old and I had it for a long time. I am going to miss it when it is gone. For I cannot find the company who makes this anymore. So soon I will try again or have to research something hopefully close to that one.  Also, the holes leave an indention so the pearls can fit in the image better. The reason I wanted you to just cut around your image is because the next step is you are going to'' finally'' cut the outline of your image next.  You will find this easier because you waited to cut your image out fully.  If you cut your image out before then the scissors would stick to the stickiness of the tape and you would have to stop cutting every 2 seconds to get the excess glue off of your scissors.  This has happened to me more than once. So when doing something new it can be a wonder sometimes. Now, your image can be set aside. Next time I will talk about how I created the background for the rooster to be placed on top of. Take Care.  %)

No comments:

Post a Comment