Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Completed Rooster And Decor Framed.

                                                    Hello everyone. Here is the finalized piece.  After playing around to decide on how I should place things. I made a couple changes. I will explain the reasons. I mentioned I was going to put 4 puffy type clear sticker's on. When I had my frame down and tried the sticker's on the frame I liked the way it looked. But when I had it standing up and the light showing through the frame. You could not tell they were flowers, because of the solid strip I put on each side interfered with showing the flower as a whole. So instead I used 4 pressed waxed design seals. I had bought these but they were all different in color. I liked the different flower on each, but I changed the colors to match as a whole. I used 3 colors that I painted on the waxed seals. First on I painted in silver. Next, I used a golden sunflower yellow color and slightly brushed it on. After that dried I used a copper color on top in different places not needing to get in the lines of the design so all colors have a space to show color in different areas. In other words all colors were able to be seen in the seal. When there are indentions in an object, you can use this as an advantage to get that kind of effect just by brushing your brush slowly and lightly across your piece But the first color the silver I painted this all, in the indentions first. Then slightly brushed the yellow and thirdly light swiped the copper where I wanted it to go. I used acrylic paint for them. On the brown side strips I put the rectangular pieces made of medal from a belt for I really liked how the shape and the colors went with this project as a whole. I used double sticky under each seal and placed them on the frame where I wanted them. When I did the buckle, part I used double sticky behind the medal piece and also on the strip where it was going to be attached. Before I attached this I used a glue gun to give it extra strength. I could use the glue gun because I first put the double sticky on, therefore it had the right consistency for it to be attached to. I cleaned the frame again before putting these items on. I would like to say that when at the beginning when I cleaned it the first time it had a sticky sticker and I at first was not able to get this all off. It was stubborn. Maybe there was a scratch on it. I had some  Tea Tree Oil. I tried that and it worked and no more sticky scratchiness on my piece. I also would like to say that my frame had not just one front and back, but two. I had to try and clean in between. It was hard to get in their because their was not a lot of space to get in between. So I noticed there was a section in between that showed a tiny white spot in between the plastic. I took a Q-tip it fit right in between and helped me clean those in between areas up. I extend these tips to you in case you might need them as well. This project is now finished. I hope in some way I was of some help.  Thank you all for checking in.  Take Care. :].
 

No comments:

Post a Comment