Saturday, September 16, 2023

Rooster Project.- Colored, And How I Created Holes.


                                               I placed the rooster on a light background to hopefully see it clearer. Remember if you try this project do not have your drawing cut out yet. First thing I did after doing the drawing is made line separations to know where I wanted each section of color to go. Throughout the whole rooster, I made dots to line up in each row. I don't think I was too fussy in this part, but I will say that Try not to make them extremely close to each other. (For when you use the heat tool to make the holes you don't want it to make a blob because the heat gun touched the two dots at once.) Not to worry though because you can overlook one hole in order to do the other for I already ran into this situation and was solved just by overlooking one dot that was closest to another. I then took my ink markers and colored each section. I took my time and pretended each dot had a tiny square around it. That is how I colored it. You can do what is best for you. After I colored the whole rooster, I used the heating tool with the pointy tip on it. How I did this and you can be glad that you did not cut your item out because now you have more paper to hold onto and won't wrinkle your rooster. Knowing ,the excess of the white paper will be cut away after you finish making all the dots with the heated tool.  How I used the tool to make the holes is I lifted part of the excess paper and got comfortable how I was holding it to get at one hole at a time. Holding the paper with one hand and and the tool in the other and making sure I had easier access to where I wanted the next hole to come through. '' Taking my time'' slowly and carefully. It's funny, I started out making this project with the round pearls in mind, I have to say though I like this affect without the pearls as well. So to me that is a bonus because I can do just this very singular part alone on another project, for I like this just as well.  I am glad I was able to view the rooster both ways.  Simplifying can be just as nice. Next time I will talk about why I made the holes in the first place. Also, when it will be time to cut the rooster.  Using the heated tool and an extra paper make dots if I might suggest to have a practice feel for it might be an idea for you to decide on.   Please click on the rooster if you need a closer look. Getting tired of hearing this from me?  =p.

No comments:

Post a Comment