Sunday, August 13, 2023

Rag Rug Cake "Barrette Hair Piece Holder."


                                                  Here is the completion of the cake decorated. Yes, I decorated them with barrettes.  In my older picture of this project I piled on the barrettes. In this picture I did not.  First, remember this is a choice. If I am giving a gift to someone one of the things I think about is their age.  for a new born baby I piled them with the barrettes. That is what I chose to do.  If I were to sell them at a function I think for me, I would decide to put less on. Remember, both ways give this project a different look. For if you are giving this to a child that you see and you can see they have barrettes in their hair a lot, then an intention might be to put less on.  Why? you might say my reason would be because when they receive this gift the child might want to add on the one's they already have to the picture.  Which will invite them to create their own fashion of decorating the cake with old and new barrettes.  So they can make it their own. A gift not just for decoration, but a gift of creation as well. A gift that's being used and keeps giving. Only you know their capabilities or the one's in charge of the child that is getting the gift. So of course I am sure you already know this but I feel it best to express this anyhow. A bonus to the container I used is on the bottom of the plastic cake holder is a lid.  Can you guess what can be put inside the container?  Well the possibilities I am sure are many.  I thought to put the child or person you are making it for headbands inside. What better way to have the hairpieces organized . I make one headband for starters and then, they can put what they have to add on inside the cake. Some of the barrettes I bought or ordered on line. Some I made. It can make someone a nice compact gift actually, for many types of celebrations and even different ages.  At any rate I hope you have a peace holder type of day and night. =P 

No comments:

Post a Comment