Tuesday, August 29, 2023

A Barn Picture. - Instructions how to make.

 

                                                    Here is a barn picture I made. However, you can draw or choose whatever you want for a scene for this project. The items needed are, A clear plastic frame, alcohol inks or, permanent markers. A sturdy cardboard can be placed in back of the picture, if you are not looking for the see through look.  Or, no cardboard to bring the light through for a different color affect. Two pieces of clear velum, ribbon, scissors, a pen, buttons and double sticky tape.  First, draw or find a picture you might be interested in using. Place that drawing on the table and place your other velum piece over the picture. Tape lightly so it doesn't move around. For the next step is to trace just the animal, duck, green part of tree and barn. You can now carefully undo the tape of your work. I outlined my cow etc. then used my markers to color them. I cut around the cow etc. and used my double sticky tape to press on the back of the items which was the cow, barn, green part of the tree. duck. I cut them out and put them aside. Took my whole scene picture and colored the grasses, hill, tree driveway barn and duck. Then, placed the whole scenic picture in the clear plastic frame. I now can peal the back off of my cow and stick this on the outside of the frame on top of the other cow.  After I finished sticking those items on I decided where I wanted my buttons to go. I placed double sticky tape on the the back of the buttons and placed a tiny bit on the frame where the button was going and pealed them both and stuck them in place. I did the same with the ribbon you see in the picture and placed this on the outside as well.  The next thing I looked at the picture as a whole and decided what or if anything else I might want to do. I chose to put wiggly eyes for the cow and the duck. Then, had some sequin like apple shapes and used them for the tree. I can only imagine if you try this what you might come up with.  The picture is nice and light and coming up with a backing is easy as one, two three. Whatever you decide to use a loop or, a light sticky back plastic hook. Something from the hardware store that you don't need to nail but will just stick on the wall. Home depot. The choice is yours.  I hope this inspires you to try your hand at this or something other. Have a wonderful rest of the week.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment