Thursday, July 13, 2023

My Birthday Cake. Color your favorite flavors.


                             Have your child etc. write their Birthday on the line, before the date of their Birthday.  Have them color or present them with some decorative flowers along with coloring their cake.  When they are finished, Ask if they are excited for their special day.  This makes a good conversational time for you to ask them what their favorite flavor cake they would like, etc.  It sets the stage for other questions you might have in mind for that day, however intimate.  With also keeping in mind the choices they have to choose from so it does not get out of bounds for the parents or the one's in charge of course.  It also sets the stage to share something special about when you were young that you might want to share.  When I was younger and growing up, my mother asked me when it came to my Birthday, what kind of cake would I like her to make.  This felt very loving to me because she made everything from the heart and made it from scratch. So being older and knowing the time and effort it took with my big family I know the time and effort that she was willing to think of me in this way.  As parents I know we all have our special ways of showing and sharing with our children.  To this day, with my Mom passed away, it still leaves me with sweet memories of  days gone by, yes even now...  So whatever you do with your child or children I bid you a sweet day or night ..  =9.

No comments:

Post a Comment