Thursday, September 22, 2016

Grouted Stained Glass Backing Picture and Instuctions

This picture shows the back of it.  Notice I did not put a backing on it so I could have the light shining through if I chose to.  I am not into soldering so I had to think of an alternative to keep things attached in the frame. (Actually in all honesty, I like to think of other ways to do something in a different way.  It gives other choices to a project.)    To keep the glass in I used clear silicon.  I also cut plexie glass and glued them in with the clear silicon. It's clear when it dries.  I wanted to also make sure that the back wood would not scratch so I used sticky felt for a soft ease on it. I cut the plastic with a razor on a handle. It takes a little patience to do this but it does what I wanted it to.   You have to swipe a number of times if you want a clean cut. :).Grouted

No comments:

Post a Comment