Thursday, September 22, 2016

Two Toned Grout And Abstract Stained Glass Picture Of Flower's.

Here is the same picture that is not in the light. I like how you can get two different effects from having it in the light or not.  I cut my glass with straight glass cutter's and wheel glass cutter's. I put my flower picture that I chose and put it under the glass that I was going to glue my stained glass pieces to.  After you cut to the areas you chose you can start gluing them on  with silicon.  Be sure to use safety glasses and gloves when cutting and gluing on. I then used non color grout after the glass dries. It takes days for it to dry. Then grout.  I did not like the non colored grout, so I used acrylic blue paint and after it dried I used a technique with clear embossing gel.  I put the gel on the grout and took the mauve embossing powder over the gel that I put on the grout. Then I took my finger lightly and swirled it in till I felt it was the effect that I wanted. If I wanted more powder I used it at times.  So the extra flair is having a two toned grout to add to your picture.   To hang it I used the loop nails that you can just screw in the top of the wood with your hand pressing down as you turn it till it's at the furthest it can go.  Now I just need to protect the grout and glass. I have never done this before so I cannot tell you how well it works. We'll see.  I am going to use three parts water to one part weldbond glue. Mix together and brush on. Not sure yet if I will use more than one coat or not.   If anyone tries this I would love to see your results.   =>).

No comments:

Post a Comment