Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Abstract Stained Glass Of Flower's Backing Picture and Instructions On How To:

Here is the same picture turned on the back side to show you what I did in place of soldering.   First I used silicone adhesive to attach the glass to the backing of frame.   Let dry.  Then, I used black sticky felt to attach to the sides of the frame and extending it to fold over in the back a bit.  Why would you need to do this you might ask?  Well, first for neatness and second because it is not a wooden frame to attach the screws to hang it up on.   Since I am not soldering a chain on and am using my own technique this was the step I took to have a chain put on to hang it from.   I then cut out four squares of felt to put on each corner.  I, took four wooden knobs and glued them to the four corner's of the back of the frame.  With silicone. When you hang it on a window the picture will be straight not slanted also.  I wrapped the chain around the two top knobs and then clasped each side of the chain that is around the knob.  Now if you find it is not staying attached you can do what I did and use T-pins and attach it to the felt.The middle of the chain I glued on to the top middle felt. It will take a while to dry. Days to let you know.  I will now cover all this up to cover the areas of mess that would show if I didn't.   With more felt of course. (I love this stuff!)         Seeing I have never done this before, I ask myself what would I do differently.  I would not use a chain with no holes in them again. So if you do try this then make sure you use a chain that has holes as links so it will be easier to clasp on to your knobs...    Feel free to ask if need be.  :).

No comments:

Post a Comment