Saturday, August 29, 2015

Ceramic Lighthouse no. 1.

Here is the lighthouse piece that I made for a gift for my husbands birthday.  This picture shows it without being lit up. The one underneath I took a picture of it lit up. I would have tried to light it up in the dark then take a picture but I was not sure it would come out.  This piece was molded when I chose it.  Although it was not fired you had to clean it and smooth the clay in areas and prayed you did not break it for it was very delicate in this form before you could start painting and creating the effects you wanted for it. I enjoyed making it come to life and making it my own to give as a gift for my husband. It is interesting in the techniques you can do along with the textures of paint to give it the right effects you want in each area. Hope you like it as well. Thanks for visiting, and remember to click on the pictures to get a closer look.  :).

No comments:

Post a Comment