Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wreath Cookie Cutter Theme Farm

Here is my newest project that I have been working on. I saw these cookie cutter wreaths on a video. I put my own twist to it by adding a couple of steps further by making magnets to suit each cookie cutter to represent it and give it more color.  I first arranged them in the order I wanted them in.  I then had some light blue sheer netting ribbon to tie them together to shape the wreath.  I then took some paper clips to each of them to make sure they were secured better.  Next, I glued magnets on the back of these wooden character pieces and let them dry. I went on to painting my wooden display for the middle circle of the wreath.I  I cut two pieces of ribbon one to hang on the top of the wreath so it can be hung. The other to put on the middle circle of the wreath.  I do not remember the length I made the ribbon before cutting it.  I  would say about 8 to 10 inches. Don"t hold me to it if it is not the right amount. l.o.l.  P}.  Tie the ribbon around and through the top two cookie cutters. You will have to be the judge the exact place in order for it to be where it looks best. Along with the one you put to hang the round wooden decoration of your choice.  Time to hang it up. Do this before you put the magnet characters on the wreath. The magnets stick to the cookie cutters.  Handle with care though for they can slide. So it works best if you have it on the wall first.  When I finished  assembling the wreath while I had it on the table I did play with the wooden pieces to get an idea of where I wanted them to go.   If you try this have fun deciding where you are going to arrange your cookie cutters.  These make great gifts as well.  There are so many themes that can be done with these wreaths. Jungle, dancing, bows etc.   If you do venture in making these I would love to see your version.  =].      What you will need.  Cookie cutters of your choice. Two separate pieces of ribbon.  Paper clips, Wooden characters, magnets, glue something if you decide to put in the middle. I hope you liked my version of these wreaths. Remember to get a closer look at these pictures you can just click on the picture and it will enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment