Sunday, February 15, 2015

Winter Snow Lady Hat

Here is a Winter craft that is easy enough and not hard to do. I found this idea in a book and also seen them around from other craft people. If I could remember the name or names of the person or people who's idea this came from I would add it here to give credit to them. Sorry for that. At any rate, what I first did was cut two slits on the sides of the bottom of the straw hat that is for to slide the material that is going to be for the scarf. Of course after I did this and measured the scarf to decide what size I wanted it I placed it in the slits and knotted it slightly to see how much material was right for the scarf on the snowman. Then I untied it and took it off again and put it aside until it was time to slide it back on again. I painted the blue part first and let it dry. I just used acrylic paints. Then I painted the rest of the sections with the white paint. Don't forget to add dots on the blue part that is the sky for to show that it is snowing. After that dried I glued my buttons for the eyes and the mouth. I used a glue gun for this. For the nose I sliced a dowel and shaved the point to get it to look more like a carrot nose. I then painted the nose orange made a slight hole in the middle of the straw. Now when you take the nose in your hand take the flat part of the nose and hammer a small nail their. Then slide it through the hole. What I did to secure this was found a tiny Styrofoam ball and put glue on the nail and in the back stick the Styrofoam ball on. It should keep it secure enough. To hang it I took a small strip of rag rug and put the two ends together glued that first then glued it onto the back of the hat. Materials I used are..... A straw hat, acrylic paint in light blue, white and orange. I used about 3 inch wide material and you decide how long you want your scarf to be. buttons, paint brush and there you have it. If you choose for the hat to have a heart or something you can but you don't have to. Oops, don't forget glue gun or whatever you want to try to glue your buttons and nose on. A small strip of rag rug to loop and hang your snowman. At any rate I hope you like the one I made. Maybe you would like to make also. Would love to see your creation if you do. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment